Work in the USA as a foreigner with work visa sponsorship

You might be wondering how to work in the USA as a foreigner with work visa sponsorship in 2023? This article will tell you everything you need to know about the subject and how you can secure your working visa for America. You don’t have to search any further, because we have covered the whole topic from start to finish. The process can seem complicated at first, but once you’ve understood it, it’s actually quite simple!

Work in the USA as a foreigner with work visa sponsorship

Many people are interested in moving to the USA, but the process of moving there can be quite overwhelming, especially if you have never been there before. It’s hard to know where to start and how to get a work visa that allows you to legally work in the country, but we’ve put together this guide to help you through the process of getting an H-1B visa, which will allow you to legally work in the USA as an employee of a company that sponsors your work visa application.

It is not the easiest thing to work in the USA as a foreigner, as it requires some heavy paperwork to get done, but it can be done nonetheless. In order to find out more about how to obtain the appropriate visa sponsorship that you need to work in the USA, read this article and learn all you need to know about working in the USA as a foreigner.

About Work in the USA

When you want to work in America, there are several steps that must be taken. One is securing an Employment-Based US Work Visa (EB1/ EB2) from one of two employment-based immigration programs: The first program is for foreign nationals seeking permanent employment-based immigration status as either: Highly Skilled Workers or professionals with an Advanced Degree.

The second program, called National Interest Waiver, requires applicants to demonstrate that their proposed employment will provide a significant public benefit. Only about 5,000 workers and their family members are granted these waivers each year - which represents less than 1% of all applications received by USCIS.

About Work Visa Sponsorship

Sponsorship is required for all workers coming to work in the United States on an H-1B, H-2A, or H-2B visa. Individuals are eligible to apply for U.S. employment-based visas if they have been offered a job that requires their expertise and they’ve received their job offer at least 14 days before applying for an employment-based visa. There are three different steps involved when applying for an employment-based visa: 1) obtaining and submitting documentation; 2) paying fees; and 3) attending interviews with both U.S.

How to Obtain a U.S. Work Visa

If you’re looking to work or travel abroad, chances are you might be curious about how you can obtain one of those nifty U.S. work visas—like an HB visa or EB visa. While they may seem confusing at first, don’t fret! We’re here to break down how these visas work and all your options for obtaining one. There are several types of work visas available for foreign nationals who want to work in the United States, including temporary work visas, seasonal work visas, and exchange worker visas.

Prior to coming to the U.S. to work, you will need to obtain a visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country or the country that is closest to your residence abroad. Review information on types of U.S. work visas, including eligibility requirements, plus information on how to apply for a visa to work in the United States.

How to Get a U.S. Work Permit

The United States is an exciting place to work. If you’re not yet a U.S. citizen but are hoping to live and work in America, you may be wondering how to get a U.S. work permit. Work permits for non-citizens vary widely depending on your eligibility, country of origin, and other factors, so here we’ll lay out some general information about getting a work permit in the U.S., including how long it will take and what documents you’ll need to bring along when applying for one at your local office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

If an individual is not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States they will need a permit to work, officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), to prove eligibility to work in the U.S. An EAD will be needed in addition to the work visa required for entry into the United States.

Verifying Eligibility to Work

Make sure you’re eligible to work, but even if you are, it doesn’t necessarily mean that your employer can hire you. Although it varies by state, some employers must obtain work permits for non-citizens they wish to employ. Obtaining these permits may require additional fees and forms, so check with your employer before accepting any job offer. Even if there is no permit required and even if you already have employment authorization or a green card.

Make sure your employer understands what kind of paperwork needs to be completed and filed on your behalf. Work Authorization: Work authorization depends on employment authorization (EAD) and/or have an appropriate visa or green card. When you're hired for a job by an employer in the United States, you will need to prove your eligibility to work in the country. The I-9 form is the document employees need to complete to verify their eligibility to work in the U.S.

Avoid U.S. Visa Scams

There are many companies claiming to help foreigners get work visas in the United States. Many of these companies claim that they can guarantee work visas. Do not fall for such claims. Work visas are approved on a case-by-case basis, and even if you have hired an attorney, there is no guarantee that your petition will be accepted by USCIS (the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). Make sure to investigate any company or person who promises to provide you with a U.S. work visa, particularly if they charge an exorbitant fee upfront, without providing you information about your legal rights or potential risks and liabilities before doing so. Here's a list of visa scams to avoid.

About H-1B Visa

In June 2017, news broke that President Trump’s administration was planning to revamp and scale back America’s highly popular H-1B foreign worker program. While all of Trump’s proposed changes have yet to be implemented, one thing is certain: The days of working in the US on an H-1B visa are numbered. The H-1B allows people from other countries to work here temporarily. In most cases, you can do whatever you want while on an H-1B, but you must have a job offer from an employer who will sponsor your work visa application; then you need permission from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before applying for your H-1B.

In order to work in the United States on an H-1B Visa, you must have a job offer from an employer that is willing to sponsor your application. This means that if you do not have an employer willing to sponsor your visa petition, you will not be able to work in America without additional authorization or without leaving and returning each year on another type of nonimmigrant visa. Before looking for a position that will sponsor your H-1B visa, make sure you meet all of its requirements. The job offer must be genuine, require specialized knowledge and skills relevant to the job duties and pay at least $60,000 per year (the requirement may change based on location). Your prospective employer cannot file multiple petitions for similar positions within one company under different employee names.

Companies Offering H1B Visa Sponsorship

H1B visas are currently capped at 65,000 per year and are awarded to foreign workers who have at least a bachelor's degree or higher and are coming to work for an employer in another country. H1B visas allow you to come work for up to three years and may be extended or renewed for another three years. The application process for H1B visas is long and arduous. While it does not guarantee that you will be accepted, having an employer willing to sponsor your application can help your chances of receiving one.

Top 10 companies that consistently sponsor H-1B visas:

  1. Amazon
  2. Infosys
  3. Tata Consultancy Services
  4. Cognizant
  5. Microsoft
  6. Google
  7. Capgemini
  8. HCL America
  9. IBM
  10. Facebook

About EB-1 Visa

The EB-1A category is for aliens who have extraordinary abilities in sciences, arts, education, business, and athletics. To be considered for an EB-1A Visa you must demonstrate that your work meets at least three of the ten criteria listed by USCIS. The Green Card issued will be valid for 4 years and can then be renewed once after that time. If you’re approved for an EB-1A Visa it will remain valid until you become a permanent resident or US citizen.

The EB-1 is a preference category for United States employment-based permanent residency. It is intended for "priority workers". Those are foreign nationals who either have "extraordinary abilities", or are "outstanding professors or researchers", and also include "some executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the US". It allows them to remain permanently in the US.

Therefore, applicants who can demonstrate their extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim are not required to have a permanent offer of employment in the US and are eligible for self-petition, however, they must intend to work in the US in their field of expertise.

Companies Offering EB-1 Visa Sponsorship

Check out our list of companies that are willing to sponsor work visas. Whether you're starting your own business or looking for employment, these companies can help make working in America possible. They're not limited to start-ups and have helped thousands of people achieve their dreams of living and working in America. If you need EB-1 (employment-based, first preference category) sponsorships, check out HERE.

People who can apply

The visa is granted to three types of people:

  • those with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation.
  • "Outstanding professors and researchers" who "are recognized internationally for their outstanding academic achievements in a particular field". They must also have "at least three years experience in teaching or research in that academic area and enter the U.S. in a tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education" plus other conditions.
  • "Some executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the U.S." They need to have been employed, during the last three years, for at least one year outside of the US in a managerial position in the same company that is going to employ them in the US or in a related company.


Even before you consider moving to another country, it's important to know your legal rights under U.S. immigration law when applying for jobs—and that’s just one thing to keep in mind when thinking about working abroad on a temporary or permanent basis. When you do decide that another country might be right for you, though, there are many factors to consider and much paperwork involved (obviously). Following these tips and keeping your expectations realistic can help make your transition from home sweet home easier! Good luck!